Re: NAMEDATALEN and performance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: NAMEDATALEN and performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alessandro Baretta <a.baretta@studio.baretta.com> writes:
> I am considering the possibility of rebuilding the server with
> NAMEDATALEN equal to 256. I have seen an interesting thread [1] about
> the performance impact of raising NAMEDATALEN, but it did not seem
> conclusive.

More to the point, tests done on 7.2-era code shouldn't be assumed to be
relevant to modern PG releases.  I think you'll need to do your own
benchmarking if you want to find out the costs of doing this.

Сообщение: Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction
Сообщение: Re: RES: Priority to a mission critical transaction