Restore Crashes Postgres

От Christine Penner
Тема Restore Crashes Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We are in the process of converting our application to use Postgres.
We have about 5 computers in the office. We frequently create a
database on one computer and then transfer it to the other computers
as needed. We are currently doing this all through pgAdmin.

We backup a data base using the default (Compress) format. We select
the Insert Commands option.
We use restore on the other computers to load the database. We select
the no owner option.

Quite often this works fine but we have had a lot of crashes.
Sometimes we are unable to load a database. Sometimes we load over an
existing database but not always. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

The big problem with the crashes is the only way to be able to use
Postgres at that point is to restart the whole computer.

We are all using 8.3.4 on Windows XP

Christine Penner
Ingenious Software
250-352-9495