Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: contrib/amcheck needs RecentGlobalXmin to be PGDLLIMPORT'ified.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: contrib/amcheck needs RecentGlobalXmin to be PGDLLIMPORT'ified.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 2017-03-10 03:55:50 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> contrib/amcheck needs RecentGlobalXmin to be PGDLLIMPORT'ified.

> Heh, I just wanted to push a patch removing the assertion because it
> doesn't add that much.  There's imo no reason not to mark the variable
> PGDLLIMPORT, so I'm good with this too.

Oh, I hadn't looked closely enough to notice that the only reference
there was

    Assert(TransactionIdIsValid(RecentGlobalXmin));

I agree: that is just about utterly useless.  Let's revert my patch
and remove that Assert.  I'm not eager to encourage people to reference
the xmin globals if we don't have to.