Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announce: Release of PyGreSQL version 3.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announce: Release of PyGreSQL version 3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:

>> You've probably got about 2 weeks before beta starts.  Bug fixes are
>> accepted during beta freeze, of course --- just no new-feature
>> development.

> how are we dealing with third party software like this though?  Stuff like
> PyGreSQL and PGAccess should be "at the authors discretion", no?  As they
> don't interfere with the core functionality and build of the system?

Well, a third party author always has the option to release his code
separately on whatever timeline seems good to him.  But I think that for
third-party code included in the distribution, the same standards ought
to apply as for the Postgres code itself: we don't want people sticking
alpha-quality code into a Postgres release tarball, whether it's core
functionality or not.  It's not as if "no new features for a month" is
a particularly onerous standard to meet ;-)