Re: probable faq: internal format of numerics

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: probable faq: internal format of numerics
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Brian Hurt <bhurt@janestcapital.com> writes:
> This is probably a FAQ, but I've googled the question and haven't found
> an answer.  What is the internal format of  numerics?

"Use the source, Luke"

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/include/utils/numeric.h
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/numeric.c

> I can think of three different ways numerics could be stored
> in PostGreSQL:

It's actually not any of the above, but it's definitely decimal not
binary.

От: Brian Hurt
Сообщение: probable faq: internal format of numerics