Re: t_self as system column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: t_self as system column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there a reason we don't have t_self as one of the system columns that
> you can examine from SQL?  I'd propose its addition otherwise.

pg_attribute bloat?  I'm a bit hesitant to add a row per table for
something we've gotten along without for so long, especially something
with as bizarre a definition as "t_self" has got.

At one time I was hoping to get rid of explicit entries in pg_attribute
for system columns, which would negate this concern.  I think we're
stuck with them now, though, because of per-column permissions.