Re: BUG #2447: backend crashes when plpgsql functions are used in rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2447: backend crashes when plpgsql functions are used in rules
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"michael crozier" <crozierm@conducivetech.com> writes:
> Using a function invocation in the WHERE expression of a RULE causes the
> backend to crash.

It's not the function, it's the whole-row Var (ie, unqualified "NEW")
that doesn't work.  Whole-row Vars in rules never worked at all before
8.0, and evidently they don't work in all contexts in 8.0 either :-(.

It's unlikely we'll try to make this actually work in 8.0, but I'll
look into erroring out cleanly instead of crashing.  Unfortunately
it's too late for 8.0.8 :-(