Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
>> It doesn't actually work, because the query isn't paying attention to
>> the current partial word.  Try do language pl<tab>, or just compare
>> source to the original Query_for_list_of_languages.

> Thanks for the heads-up.  New patch attached :)

My inclination is to not have the separate query at all, but just
use Query_for_list_of_languages.  The extra maintenance burden of
two almost identical queries is not justified here IMO.  Maybe it
would be if we foresaw that most languages would remain without
inline handlers indefinitely, but I think that pretty soon the
only one that the query is actually excluding would be 'C', and
it's not worth trying to remove that from the list.

Сообщение: Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks
Сообщение: Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks