Re: "strange" rule behavior with nextval on new.* fields

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "strange" rule behavior with nextval on new.* fields
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> This comes up often enough that maybe it warrants a "Caveats with
> Rules" section in "The Rule System" chapter and a link to that
> section in the CREATE RULE documentation, as well as mention in the
> FAQ.

Yeah.  I have also thought about reorganizing the docs so that triggers
are presented as being simpler than rules (come first, etc).  I think
right now the docs actively mislead newbies into choosing rules in cases
where triggers would be much better.