Re: [HACKERS] sketchy partcollation handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] sketchy partcollation handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM, Amit Langote
> <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> BTW, the places which check whether the collation to store a dependency
>> for is the database default collation don't need to do that.  I mean the
>> following code block in all of these places:
>>
>> /* The default collation is pinned, so don't bother recording it */
>> if (OidIsValid(attr->attcollation) &&
>> attr->attcollation != DEFAULT_COLLATION_OID)

> We could go change them all, but I guess I don't particularly see the point.

That's an intentional measure to save the catalog activity involved in
finding out that the default collation is pinned.  It's not *necessary*,
sure, but it's a useful and easy optimization.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Extra Vietnamese unaccent rules
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Extra Vietnamese unaccent rules