Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> It's not in this change, but related. I don't really understand the

>     /*
>      * PQgetResult will return immediately in all states except BUSY, or if we
>      * had a write failure.
>      */
>     return conn->asyncStatus == PGASYNC_BUSY || conn->write_failed;

> business in PQisBusy(). Won't that potentially lead to clients waiting for
> more network IO indefinitely, never getting around to calling PQgetResult()?

I was staring at that for awhile too.  It's my own code (from 1f39a1c0641)
but it sure confuses me now; at the very least the code is not in sync
with the comment.  However, it's been that way for a couple years now and
we've not had complaints suggesting it's broken, so maybe it's the comment
that's wrong.