Re: 8.5 release timetable, again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Дата
Re: 8.5 release timetable, again  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I posted a note about a week ago which drew far less commentary than I
> expected, regarding the timetable for the release of 8.5.

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-08/msg01256.php

> Perhaps this is already being discussed on -core, but if so the
> conclusions haven't been shared publicly.

Core hasn't discussed 8.5 schedule since the discussions that Peter
summarized in the message you cited above.  I share your concern that
"release in time for PGCon" isn't very realistic if we don't get more
aggressive about schedule.  On the other hand, we didn't get all that
much done in this fest.  If we cut back to a three-fest schedule
I think we may succeed in releasing 8.5 early, but only because there
is nothing interesting in it :-(.  Dunno where the right balance is.