Re: Inconsistent behavior of pg_dump/pg_restore on DEFAULT PRIVILEGES

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inconsistent behavior of pg_dump/pg_restore on DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
... BTW, I think this patch is not correct yet.  What I read in
catalogs.sgml is

   ... If a global entry is present then
   it <emphasis>overrides</emphasis> the normal hard-wired default privileges
   for the object type.  A per-schema entry, if present, represents privileges
   to be <emphasis>added to</emphasis> the global or hard-wired default privileges.

I didn't check the code, but if that last bit is correct, then non-global
entries aren't necessarily relative to the acldefault privileges either.

I kind of wonder now whether the existing behavior is correct for either
case.  Why aren't we simply regurgitating the pg_default_acl entries
verbatim?  That is, I think maybe we don't need the acldefault call at
all; we should just use null/empty as the starting ACL in all cases
when printing pg_default_acl entries.  Like this:

        buildACLQueries(acl_subquery, racl_subquery, initacl_subquery,
                        initracl_subquery, "defaclacl", "defaclrole",
                        "pip.initprivs",
-                       "CASE WHEN defaclobjtype = 'S' THEN 's' ELSE defaclobjtype END::\"char\"",
+                       "NULL",
                        dopt->binary_upgrade);

I didn't test that.  I suspect it will cause some regression test
changes, but will they be wrong?