Re: Implicit sequence with start value?

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Re: Implicit sequence with start value?
Дата
Re: Implicit sequence with start value?
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> regression=# alter sequence foo_bar_seq start with 1000;
> ALTER SEQUENCE
Completly forgot about that possibility, thanks a lot :)

What still puzzles me is how to get the sequence value applied.
MySQL's auto_increment simply ignores whatever value is supplied to
it, however postgres seems to insert the value instead of the next
sequence value, if one is supplied:

> CREATE TABLE custtype (key SERIAL PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(127) NOT NULL,  short VARCHAR(4));
> ALTER SEQUENCE custtype_key_seq START WITH 10000;");
> INSERT INTO custtype VALUES(0, 'test', 'ta');
>
>  key |      name      | short
> -----+----------------+-------
 >  0   | test      | ta

Of course, under normal circumstances it would be no problem to insert
a nextval() however I am using an updateable JDBC ResultSet.
Any idea how I can force the sequence's nextval() value into the key
column using ResultSets?

Thank you in advance, Clemens

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Implicit sequence with start value?
От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Implicit sequence with start value?