Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] Savepoint-related statements terminates connection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] Savepoint-related statements terminates connection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 1 September 2017 at 15:19, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This patch makes me itch.  Why is it correct for these three checks,
>> and only these three checks out of the couple dozen uses of isTopLevel
>> in standard_ProcessUtility, to instead do something else?

> No problem, it was a quick fix, not a deep one.

My thought is that what we need to do is find a way for isTopLevel
to be false if we're processing a multi-command string.  It looks
like exec_simple_query is already doing the right thing in terms
of what it tells PortalRun; why is that not propagating down to
ProcessUtility?