Re: Can't start postgresql 11

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't start postgresql 11
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tu Trinh Nguyenha <nguyenhatutrinh@gmail.com> writes:
> I am dealing with the issue of starting postgresql 11 after I upgraded to
> Mac Os Mojave yesterday.

It's unlikely this is really a Postgres bug, but ...

> The error message I have received is:" The operation couldn't be completed.
> (com.postgresapp.Postgres2.ClientLauncher error 0.)

That's pretty unhelpful :-(.  A reasonable bet is that the upgrade messed
up file permissions on something, but evidently the PostgresApp wrapper
isn't going to help you find out what.

 Do you get anything more useful if you try to start the postmaster by
hand, ie "postmaster -D/path/to/data/directory"?