Re: Best suiting OS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Best suiting OS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@verizon.net> writes:
> The theory with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution is that you run
> with what comes with it. All the stuff that comes with it is guaranteed to
> work together. Red Hat do not add features, change any interfaces, etc. Then
> they support it for 7 years. I.e., if it works for you at the beginning, it
> will work the entire 7 years if you wish.

Yeah, RHEL is intended to be a stable application platform: once you set
up your server, it will "just keep working"; you should not have to
worry whether updates will break your application.

It is not entirely a coincidence that this is exactly the attitude
Postgres takes towards our back branches ;-)