Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> I'd love to see something like SUDO ALTER USER ... SUDO REINDEX ... etc.
> That would make it easy to do 'normal' work with a non-superuser
> account.

You can already do most of this with SET/RESET ROLE:

regression=# create user tgl;
CREATE ROLE
regression=# create user admin createrole;
CREATE ROLE
regression=# grant admin to tgl;
GRANT ROLE
regression=# \c - tgl
You are now connected as new user "tgl".
regression=> create user boo;
ERROR:  permission denied to create role
regression=> set role admin;
SET
regression=> create user boo;
CREATE ROLE