Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Joe Conway's PL/R is in the back of my mind as well

> Yeah, except PL/R has wierd build requirements (FORTRAN) and different
> licensing (R is GPL).  :-(

[ shrug... ]  All of the PLs except plpgsql require an outside language
interpreter that has its own license and possibly problematic build
requirements.  We are not proposing including any of those things into
our own distribution, only trying to figure out the best way to build PL
modules that depend on both Postgres and these other projects.

If we can see the right way to do this, I'd be in favor of pulling all
of pltcl, plperl, and plpython out of the core distro.  They are all
sources of undesirable build dependencies.

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement