Re: Poor disk (virtio) Performance Inside KVM virt-machine vs host machine

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Poor disk (virtio) Performance Inside KVM virt-machine vs host machine
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 11:21:15 AM Michael Nolan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Artem Tomyuk <admin@leboutique.com> wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I've noticed that there is a huge (more than ~3x slower) performance
> > difference between KVM guest and host machine.
>
> Is this unique to KVM, or do similar things happen with other virtualizers?
> --
> Mike Nolan

CentOS 6.5 is pretty old. KVM/qemu is definitely faster in newer versions.

It will always be slower than native though. Any virtualization will be slower
than native.

Сообщение: Re: Poor disk (virtio) Performance Inside KVM virt-machine vs host machine
Сообщение: Re: Poor disk (virtio) Performance Inside KVM virt-machine vs host machine