Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input
Дата
Re: pgsql: Use better comment marker in Autoconf input
Список pgsql-committers
Thomas Munro <munro@ip9.org> writes:
> It was using CC="ccache cc" for C, but no explicit CXX.  Somehow our
> configure script flipped from finding c++ (the system C++ compiler,
> which is Clang) to finding g++ (an old GCC port I had installed) after
> that commit, and the resulting .so didn't work too well.  I did not
> upgrade or change anything at that time.  I must admit that commit of
> Peter's looks fairly innocent though.  Is it possible that an earlier
> change caused it, but this change caused the "accache" to be cleared?

Yeah, I think you're on the right track.  Had you made any changes in
that animal's configuration file between 21 Jan (the previous touch
of "configure" was in ee27584c4) and 9 Feb?  Or updated the platform's
compilers?

> That accache seems a bit flimsy, I've had to rm it before.

Yup, the buildfarm script only knows to nuke it if "configure" changes.
If you change the critter's buildfarm parameters, or the build
environment, that might require revisiting configure tests, but it won't
happen automatically.  I can't think of any really easy way to improve
that.