Re: WAL recycling, Linux 2.4.18

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL recycling, Linux 2.4.18
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general@pexicom.com> writes:
> It seems that the MoveOfflineLogs takes very little time; "fin" returns
> almost immediately from it.
> However, between the breakpoint at CreateCheckPoint and the one at
> MoveOfflineLogs takes quite a bit of time.

Well, that's not unexpected; checkpoint is going to issue a deal of I/O
and then sync() it.  But that should *not* cause blockage of other
backends; at worst they should slow down a bit due to I/O contention.

Can you do some more research on the stack traces of the stuck backends?
Don't assume they are all alike...