Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I suspect suspect trying to do this in the parser will be quite messy.
> This needs to happen before the input is converted to the server
> encoding, I think.

Indeed --- what if the server isn't using utf8 internally?

And a larger point is that the server has no idea where the file
boundaries are.  If we were to do this server-side, we'd essentially
end up discarding BOM anywhere, which is more libertine than I care
to be.

Сообщение: Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence
Сообщение: Re: psql blows up on BOM character sequence