Re: Inserting heap tuples in bulk in COPY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inserting heap tuples in bulk in COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The patch is WIP, mainly because I didn't write the WAL replay routines
> yet, but please let me know if you see any issues.

Why do you need new WAL replay routines?  Can't you just use the existing
XLOG_HEAP_NEWPAGE support?

By any large, I think we should be avoiding special-purpose WAL entries
as much as possible.

Also, I strongly object to turning regular heap_insert into a wrapper
around some other more complicated operation.  That will likely have
bad consequences for the performance of every other operation.

Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL versus system catalog cache invalidation
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL versus system catalog cache invalidation