Re: No long-lived transaction, still can't delete tuples

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: No long-lived transaction, still can't delete tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeffrey Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> writes:
> So I believe the transaction is not long-lived.  Also, I checked
> with tethereal to make absolutely certain that the commit was
> happening:

> ->    0  5163 6f6d 6d69 7400                       Qcommit.
> <-    0  4343 4f4d 4d49 5400 5a                    CCOMMIT.Z
> ->    0  5162 6567 696e 00                         Qbegin.
> <-    0  4342 4547 494e 005a                       CBEGIN.Z

Isn't that BEGIN opening a new transaction?

Some front-end libraries have a bad habit of issuing a BEGIN instantly
after a commit, rather than waiting for the next command to be issued.
That means your app goes to sleep with an open transaction.