Re: Truncate on tables with FK's

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Truncate on tables with FK's
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmmm...could we allow truncate in cases where all the FK's on a table
> refer only to that table itself?

Alvaro already did that and more ...

* doc/src/sgml/ref/truncate.sgml, src/backend/catalog/heap.c,src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c,
src/backend/nodes/copyfuncs.c,src/backend/nodes/equalfuncs.c,src/backend/parser/gram.y,src/backend/tcop/utility.c,
src/include/catalog/heap.h,src/include/commands/tablecmds.h,
src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h,src/test/regress/expected/temp.out,src/test/regress/expected/truncate.out,src/test/regress/sql/temp.sql,
src/test/regress/sql/truncate.sql:GeneralizeTRUNCATE to support truncating multiple tables in onecommand.  This is
usefulbecause we can allow truncation of tablesreferenced by foreign keys, so long as the referencing table istruncated
inthe same command.Alvaro Herrera