Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?utf-8?Q?Paul_F=C3=B6rster?= <paul.foerster@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 23. Jul, 2020, at 15:42, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> However, Apple's toolchain doesn't search /usr/local by default,
>> I believe.  You'll need to add something along the line of
>> --with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
>> to your configure command.

> I tried with your options. Still, same effect. Ok, worth a try.

I might be wrong about that.  But this shows another issue:

> paul@meerkat:~$ mdfind -name libintl | egrep -vi "/(share|man|bin|system)/"
> /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.4.3.dylib
> /usr/local/lib/libintl.a
> /usr/local/lib/libintl.la
> /usr/local/include/libintl.h

Looks like what you lack is a symlink libintl.dylib -> libintl.3.4.3.dylib
in /usr/local/lib.  It's not real clear to me why you'd have .a and .la
files and no versionless symlink, because all of those files would
just be used for linking dependent software.

> But I did not *knowingly* install that. I guess it comes as part of Xcode but I really don't know. I'm not a
developer,I just want to build PostgreSQL for my Mac.

These files absolutely, positively, gold-plated 100% did not come
with XCode.  Homebrew installs stuff under /usr/local though.
Not sure about MacPorts.

От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: Building 12.3 from source on Mac
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Open Item: Should non-text EXPLAIN always show properties?