Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The only reason Tom sees a single line history is because he uses an
> addon tool for CVS called cvs2cl: see <http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/>.
> It's not part of CVS, and I'm not sure how many others use it. I sure
> don't.

FWIW, I believe Bruce uses some version of it as well.  It's our main
tool for dredging up the raw data for release notes.

> It's written in Perl, and we have one or two tolerably competent
> Perl programmers around, so maybe we could produce a git equivalent?

It's a bit premature to speculate about alternate history tools when
we haven't figured out what the repository is going to look like.  Right
at the moment I'm much more concerned about the question of supporting
a checkout-per-branch workflow.  That's something I use pretty nearly
every day, whereas looking at the history is maybe a once-a-week kind
of need at most.

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git