Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jean-Michel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Pour=E9?= <jm@poure.com> writes:
> What do you recommend: using normal types and moving constraints in the
> Drupal database? Is PostgreSQL domain broken as it forces casting or is
> this a no-op for performance?

In principle it should be an unnoticeable slowdown.  In the past we've
had some issues with the planner failing to recognize possible
optimizations when there was a cast in the way, but I'm not aware of
any such bugs at the moment.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL does CAST implicitely between int and a domain derived from int