Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Дата
Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client connection?  (Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Well, the fact that there's only one archiver *now* doesn't mean there
> wasn't more than one when the problem happened.  The orphaned archiver
> would eventually quit.

But, actually, nevermind: we have explained the failures you were seeing
in the test setup, but a multiple-active-archiver situation still
doesn't explain the original situation of incoming connections getting
blocked.

What I'd suggest is resuming the test after making sure you've killed
off any old archivers, and seeing if you can make any progress on
reproducing the original problem.  We definitely need a
multiple-archiver interlock, but I think that must be unrelated to your
real problem.