Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)
Дата
Ответ на Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-docs
Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> writes:
> How about adding URL's for the online versions of HISTORY & README's (or
> their rough equivalents - perhaps the online version of the latest
> 'Appendix E. Release Notes' would be sufficient?) to the INSTALL file?

Actually, what I had in mind was to replace the dynamically-generated
HISTORY and README files with small text files that contain those
URL references.  If we remove those files from the distribution
tarballs altogether, it'd likely break some packagers' recipes
(I know for sure it'd break the Red Hat RPM specs, for instance).
But packaging should still work if they're there but smaller.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)