Re: Migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL : Datatypes?

От Bill P.
Тема Re: Migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL : Datatypes?
Дата
Re: Migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL : Datatypes?
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks for all the responses so far.

I can get the data in it seems with no problem, but I refuse to believe that I need create all the tables manually. Most of the tables will import and convert just fine, so oI dont think there is a need to do that.

As for the ETL suggestion. I have been using talend to migrate and transform data imports, but the actual migration from mysql to postgres table structures are not something I am aware it can do.

I guess my main question would be is: is there a best practice to migrate db/schema tables of mysql to schema tables in postgres without having to manually do them one at a time?
A migration tool like the one provided by enterprisedb would be great, IF it allowed me to change or fix errors as they occur instead of the entire process exiting.

Thanks.