Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe" for MySQL AB?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Oracle purchases Sleepycat - is this the "other shoe" for MySQL AB?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org> writes:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/bdb-restrictions.html

> I especially like the third restriction.  How on earth do people live
> with this software?

The preceding page is amusing too:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/bdb-todo.html

I find this important TODO item particularly telling:
    * Change to use no page locks for table scanning operations.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that sure sounds like they intend to
dumb down BDB so that it no longer works well in concurrent situations,
in order to save a few cycles in single-user scenarios.  Have MySQL
officially abandoned the multi-user case to us?