Re: Potential autovacuum optimization: new tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Potential autovacuum optimization: new tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I've been going over the notes and email archives from the period
> where Matt O'Connor and I arrived at the current settings.  All of our
> testing was devoted to autovacuum, not autoanalyze.
> Our mistake was assuming that the same formula which worked well for
> vacuum would work well for analyze.

Ah.  Okay, maybe we can agree that that wasn't a good idea.

tablevs. # of writes before analyze is triggered:

> 1 : 3
> 10 : 5
> 100 : 10
> 1000 : 100
> 100000 : 2000
> 1000000 : 5000
> 10000000 : 25000
> 100000000 : 100000

I don't really see that we need to bend over backwards to exactly match
some data points that you made up out of thin air.  How about
ceil(sqrt(N)) to start with?

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Potential autovacuum optimization: new tables
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Optimizer regression