Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Record with a field consisting of table rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jon Smark <jon.smark@yahoo.com> writes:
> create type page_t AS
>         (
>         total   int4,
>         users   user_t[]
>         );

> create function get_page ()
> returns page_t
> language plpgsql as
> $$
> declare
>         _page   page_t;
> begin
>         _page.total := select count (*) from users;
>         select * into _page.users from users limit 10;
>         return _page;
> end
> $$;

That is certainly not going to work: that select does not produce an
array, it produces a column of user_t (of which SELECT INTO is only
gonna take the first, anyway).

Untested, but I think you'd have better results with

    _page.users := array(select users from users limit 10);

It'd also be smart to get rid of user_t and rely directly on the "users"
rowtype associated with the users table.