Re: Add extension options to control TAP and isolation tests

От Nikolay Shaplov
Тема Re: Add extension options to control TAP and isolation tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
В письме от 26 ноября 2018 08:53:20 Вы написали:

> > I've carefully read this documentation. And did not get clear explanation
> > of what is the true purpose of PGXS environment variable. Only
> >
> > "The last three lines should always be the same. Earlier in the file, you
> > assign variables or add custom make rules."
>
> The definition of PGXS is here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/extend-pgxs.html
Can you please provide the quotation? I see there PGXS mentioned several times
as "a build infrastructure for extensions" and as an environment variable it
is mentioned only in code sample

PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)
include $(PGXS)

So for me there is no explanation. Or it is hard to find (that is also bad)

If we are done with your patch, can we still finish this line of discussion in
order to create another small patch concerning PGXS-env-var comment?

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Handling of REGRESS_OPTS in MSVC for regression tests
От: Adrien Nayrat
Сообщение: Re: New GUC to sample log queries