Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/12/18 12:39 PM, David wrote:
>> I'm not following your question.  The pre-data and post-data sections
>> each go to an individual file, but the data section goes to a
>> directory.  I can restore the files using psql, but it is the restore
>> of the directory that is hanging.

The other bit that I think David is missing is that pg_dump's default
output format is a plain-text SQL script, which is meant to be fed to
psql not pg_restore.  To get something that pg_restore can work with,
you need to specify one of the non-text dump formats (typically, you'd
use -Fc or -Fd).

The situation in which you'd want to use "pg_restore -f" is if you
want to reconstruct a plain-text SQL script from one of the non-text
dump formats, rather than just restoring directly into a database.

Сообщение: Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?
Сообщение: Re: Is pg_restore in 10.6 working?