Re: Git migration timeline

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Git migration timeline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Nobody responded when I asked about this recently, but shouldn't
> that list include "BUG #5607: memmory leak in ecpg"?  We have a
> patch from Zolt�n B�sz�rm�nyi from before this bug report which
> seems to address the issue and which Michael Meskes said "Feel free
> to apply".
> We don't want to ship 9.0 with known memory leaks, do we?

Better a memory leak than broken ecpg ;-).  Nobody except Michael
is terribly comfortable with that code, so we'd all rather wait for
him to review and apply the patch.

More generally, pre-existing bugs have never been considered release
stoppers.  At this point what we would block the release for is *new*
bugs in 9.0.  (An exception to that general rule is pre-existing bugs
that would require an initdb to fix; but this one isn't that either.)