Re: Reduce heap tuple header size II

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reduce heap tuple header size II
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> Why not let the users decide?  With this new version of the patch they
> can
>     configure --enable-pg72format

I think that is a really, really bad idea.  If we're gonna do it we
should just do it.  We don't need multiple incompatible file formats
running around all calling themselves PG 7.3.

Configure options are generally not a solution to anything anyway,
since more and more people use RPM distributions and don't have the
option to make their own configure choices.