Re: [HACKERS] outfuncs.c utility statement support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] outfuncs.c utility statement support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While debugging some other stuff, I was wondering to what extent node
> types supporting utility statements should be supported in outfuncs.c.

We've largely not tried too hard in that department.  From a debugging
standpoint it'd be useful to have more complete coverage, but I don't
know how much additional code and maintenance effort would be required
to get to full coverage.

(Hmm .. I think copyfuncs.c does have complete coverage, and it's about
5500 lines vs. 4200 lines for outfuncs.c.  So perhaps this would mean
about 30% growth of outfuncs.c and another 20KB or so in the executable.)