Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> Do we need *both* database & tablespace to find table file ?!
> Imho, database shouldn't be used...

That'd work fine for me, but I think Bruce was arguing for paths that
included the database name.  We'd end up with paths that go something
like..../data/tablespaces/TABLESPACEOID/RELATIONOID
(plus some kind of decoration for segment and version), so you'd have
a hard time telling which files in a tablespace belong to which
database.  Doesn't bother me a whole lot, personally --- if one wants
to know that one could just as well assign separate tablespaces to
different databases.  They're only subdirectories anyway...