Re: Perc 3 DC

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Perc 3 DC
Дата
Re: Perc 3 DC
Список pgsql-performance
--- Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yeah the battery is on there, and in the BIOS it says it's
> "PRESENT" and the status is "GOOD".
>
> If I remember correctly, older LSI cards had pretty poor
> performance
> in RAID 1+0 (or any layered RAID really).  Have you tried setting
> up
> RAID-1 pairs on the card and then striping them with the OS?

Not yet no, but that's a good suggestion and I do intend to give it a
whirl.  I get about 27MB/s from raid 1 (10 is about the same) so
hopefully I can up the throughput to the speed of about one disk with
sw raid.

For kicks I did try raid 5 on it; 6.9MB/s made it hard to resist
going to get the hammer, which is still a very attractive option.