Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> writes:
>> People have asked about this before, so maybe it'd be an idea to make
>> an explicit concept of a temp tablespace that only accepts temp tables,
>> and do whatever is needful to make that robust.  But I've not heard of
>> any work towards that.

> That's what I thought temp_tablespaces are for ( plus sorts, temporary files getting created by materialized views
...)

No ... temp_tablespaces says it's okay to use any of the listed
tablespaces to keep temporary working files in, but it doesn't
say that those tablespaces can *only* be used for that.

The whole business of temp tables (as opposed to those invisible-to-SQL
working files) in such a tablespace is a separate issue, too.  I think
that the server would mostly survive having temp-table files disappear
during reboot, but it's not an officially supported or tested scenario.

Сообщение: Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk
Сообщение: Re: Temporary tablespaces on a RAM disk