Re: dblink patches for comment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dblink patches for comment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Here's a much simpler SQL/MED support patch for dblink.

> This enforces security in the same manner for FOREIGN SERVER connections
> as that worked out over time for other dblink connections. Essentially,
> the FOREIGN SERVER and associated user MAPPING provides the needed info
> for the libpq connection, but otherwise behavior is the same.

> I've also attached a doc patch.

The docs patch looks okay, except this comment is a bit hazy:

> +  -- Note: local connection must require authentication for this to work properly

I think what it means is

> +  -- Note: local connection must require password authentication for this to work properly

If not, please clarify some other way.  It might also be good to be a
bit more clear about what "fail to work properly" might entail.

As far as the code goes, hopefully Peter will take a look since he's
spent more time on the SQL/MED code than I have.  The only thing I can
see that looks bogus is that get_connect_string() is failing to handle
any quoting/escaping that might be needed for the values to be inserted
into the connection string.  I don't recall offhand what rules libpq
has for that, but I hope it at least implements doubled single quotes...

Сообщение: Re: pg_standby -l might destory the archived file
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby -l might destory the archived file