Re: Duplicate key issue in a transaction block

От Ioana Danes
Тема Re: Duplicate key issue in a transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Well, I guess I have my answer...

I tried to narrow down an issue I get on one of the production sites, where using a similar transaction I get the same
error.

In my production environment the group id is actually a unique number for the terminal (terminalid) and the same
transactionCANNOT be called for the same terminalid. So this should never happen because each terminal has its own ID
andthis procedure is called on login operation for each terminal... At least that's what I thought so...

But it does happen during the nightly online backup (pg_dump).
It looks like when the client logs in, the request is sent from the client to the db, the backup (pg_dump) slows down
theserver (or holds the lock on that table?) and the user does not have patience and restarts the client and logs in
again.
In this case I can get two parallel transactions for the same terminal...

Thanks a lot for your answers,
Ioana Danes

http://www.flickr.com/gift/