Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Bruce,

> I should back up and explain that the reason for having usernames on
> release feature items is not to give credit, but rather to assign
> blame
> later, in case the features cause problems. The submitter becomes the
> default go-to person for problems with that item. Having a list of
> reviewers does not serve that purpose, hence the slippery slope
> comment.

Well, unfortunately, while you and I might understand that, most of our community does not.  And to the completely
uninitiated,it sure looks like credit.

All of this is becoming less of a problem as we update the contributor list regularly.  If I can clean up the sponsors
listas well, I think we'll hear less complaints.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Сообщение: Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes