Re: [BUGS] documentation bug - behave of NEW a OLD in plpgsql's triggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] documentation bug - behave of NEW a OLD in plpgsql's triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> Hrm, guess I learned something. I tested with a trigger function which used:
>      IF NEW IS NULL THEN
>        RAISE NOTICE 'new is null.';

> which was giving me 'ERROR:  record "new" is not assigned yet' when
> used as an on-delete trigger.

Hmm ... I wonder whether we couldn't make that case work, since IS NULL
shouldn't particularly care whether the record has a known tuple
structure or not.  Still, it's probably not worth spending effort on ...

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] documentation bug - behave of NEW a OLD in plpgsql's triggers
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] documentation bug - behave of NEW a OLD in plpgsql's triggers