Re: Install modes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Install modes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There seems to be little practical reason why we couldn't go along with
> the standard install modes of:

> programs, shared libraries        0755    [*]
> data (libraries, headers, *.sample)    0644

> [*] assuming that "HPUX wants shared libs to be mode 555" does not
> preclude mode 755

555 for shlibs on HPUX is not negotiable --- the performance cost of not
doing it that way is horrific.  Shlibs are so wonderfully nonstandard
that there are likely other platforms with weird requirements for
shlibs.  So I'd suggest 3 categories:

programs                0755
shared libraries            platform-specific but usually 0755
data (libraries, headers, *.sample)    0644

Otherwise I agree --- no real need for 444 on data files.