Re: [BUGS] BUG #14535: SET search_path and list tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14535: SET search_path and list tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:33 AM, <totocrenn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have 2 SCHEMAS : test and demo
>> Each schemas have the same TABLE : table
>> So when I list all the tables with \dt I should have 2 tables : test.table
>> and demo.table, but I only see test.table.

> ​It is a choice - \dt, without a object schema specified, will show you the
> single object that would be chosen if you have written a query ​in a
> similar fashion:
> i.e., SELECT * FROM table;

If you want to see all occurrences of the table name, you can write
something like "\dt *.table".  But without any schema component in the
pattern, psql's \d commands will only show objects that are visible in
the search path --- which means "they could be referenced by unqualified
names", not "their schema is in the search path someplace".