Re: Postgres Instability

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres Instability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@h00a0cc3b7988.ne.mediaone.net> writes:
> But I did want to put my counter-example out there so that Linux users
> wouldn't get the sense that your fine product is somehow unreliable on
> Linux.  IIRC, Linux is a large part of your installed base - no real
> point in scaring them off.  Even if there are other legitimate arguments
> for other OS's.

Marc is a bit of a FreeBSD partisan ;-).  Don't worry about it.

I agree with your theory that there's some fundamental configuration
or installation error here --- but I don't see what it is, yet.

I suspect that "planx plnetx"'s native language is not English, and
so he might be missing some critical bit of information from the
documentation.    If he'd tell us which language(s) he's more
comfortable in, perhaps there are speakers here who could help him.